In which serious mistakes are made
It is to laugh. You may recall I mentioned yesterday that I hadn’t counted in a while…
Apparently at some point I decided it would be fun to add some extra increases in the middle of the front neck, around the purple markers that have nothing to do with increases. I removed them by dropping the stitches and laddering them back up, sans extra KFB stitches. This left some very loose stitches in their place.
Then there was another trying-on. To be sure the neckline still looks largish, but it now looks more like the collar will take care of that. But the rest looks a tad snuggish. I not so sure those smaller relatives are out of the woods yet, there could still be an unwelcome Christmas pressie.
This morning, I couldn’t shake the feeling there was still something wrong. An analysis ensued, requiring most of my new knitting tools.
The next last marked stitch was definitely twisted. I dropped the stitch (again) and laddered it back up, properly this time. It’s amazing how much the fix settles the eye, even though it still looks all stretched out.
Now I can get back to the knitting.